Mac Halo Tutorials
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mac Halo Tutorials

Think, Create, Repeat.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[PRO] Drivable Wraith

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Macsforever
Admin
Admin
Macsforever

Male Number of posts : 78
Modding Status : Trick Master
Registration date : 2007-07-05

[PRO] Drivable Wraith Empty
PostSubject: [PRO] Drivable Wraith   [PRO] Drivable Wraith Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:27 pm

>>!Snipah!<< wrote:
Drivable Wraith

For this tutorial you will need:
Eschaton
HMT
HHK
Injecting the Wraith

Okay, so first we need to put the wraith in our multiplayer map. I chose Blood Gulch, because, hey, everyone does that, but any map, even without vehicles, will work. If you're a beginner, you should use Blood Gulch because a later part of my tutorial is kind of specific to that map.

But, before we do anything, we need to prepare. Create an empty folder in your HHK folder called "Project" or anything that you can remember. Within that folder, create a new one called Wraith. Also, copy and paste a default copy of what ever map you are working with into this folder as well. In your maps folder, duplicate your map and put a .default extension after the .map so that the full name is .map.default. You will need these soon.

Open up a campaign map in HHK, either b40 or c10 because they both have wraiths. Scroll down to the vehi tag, expand it, and select the wraith. Scroll in the tools menu to export recrusively, or simply hold command+alt+e and you will be prompted with a menu. Find the folder called wraith and select it, then press OK.

Now, close the campaign map and open up your multiplayer map in the maps folder, the one without the .default extension. Select in the tools menu to import recrusively, or simply press command+alt+i and you will be prompted. This is the important part. First, select the vehi of the wraith inside your /Project/Wraith/vehicles/wraith folder and press OK. But you're not done yet! Now, select the folder called Wraith, the one that's directly inside the Project folder, which you created and press OK. Now, press command+r to rebuild and command+s to save. HHK will not remind you to save!

Now create a copy of the map you just edited and overwrite the one in your Project folder. The Project folder map is your safe copy, and the one in the maps folder is your test, so make sure not to lose your Project folder!

If you were to open the map right now, it would freeze, so don't. That's because we need to PMI the wraith.

PMIing the Wraith

Open up either c10 or c40 in HMT, and scroll down to the mod2 tag. Expand it, and scroll to the wraith model. Select "Save Meta" and select your Project folder. Now, also select "Save Raw" and select your Project folder. It will ask you to do this twice, so just accept again.

Close your campaign map and open your multiplayer map from the Maps folder in HMT. Scroll to the mod2 tag and expand it, then select the wraith model. If you were to preview now, there would be nothing to see, and HMT might freeze which could possibly wreck the map. In a hypothetical world, you would be doomed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) so don't preview. Instead, select "Inject Meta" and select the .meta file for the wraith inside the Project/vehicles folder. You will have to go through a lot of folders to get to it, but there will only be one each time. Make sure you select the .meta. Then, click "Append Raw" and a little box will come up with three buttons. Click on the "Browse" button next to "vertices", and select the .vertices file in your Project folder. Do the same for the other "Browse" button, but select the .indices file in your Project folder. Press Append. Now, press "Save Offsets."

Then, reload your map, scroll down to the mod2 tag, expand it, select the wraith and preview it. It works? Yes? Good! Check it in multiplayer. It should work. If it does, copy it and replace the map you have in the Project folder with that one. If it doesn't, make a copy of your map from the Project folder, put it in the Maps folder, replacing the corrupted map, and try again.

Also, saving the offsets put a .bak file in your Maps folder. Delete it.

While we're working with HMT, I might as well do the other part of this tutorial that requires it.

Locating the Wraith

What's the point of having a wraith without a tank? There won't be any fun tank-on-tank battles! Rather than replacing the tank with the wraith, I use the scnr tag to place it. Open up your map in HMT, scroll to the scnr tag, and expand it. Select the one entry within the scnr tag and extract the meta to your Project folder. Quit HMT and open the xml with TextEdit. (Not chef's fictional program, just regular old textedit.) There will be a bunch of text, but we're looking for something specific. If you're using Blood Gulch, search for "broad." You should find a broadleaf plant scenery piece. If you're not, search for a piece of scenery who's name you think you know, and do what I did with this with that.

The first double-indented line is unchanged. Select everything between the two tags on the second line and replace it with the letters "ihevtinuejbo." On the third line, replace the of the plant with vehicleswraithwraith. (No period) Save and quit TextEdit, and open your map in the Maps folder in HMT again. Scroll down to scnr, expand it, select the only entry, and click "Inject Meta." Select the meta file that's in the same folder as the xml you edited, and inject it. Quit HMT and load Halo.

If you edited the scnr correctly, there should be a wraith in the middle, one by the dark cave at blue base, and one by the high rock tower on the other side of blue base. If you walk over to these, nothing will happen, and if you shoot them, they will immediately explode. I attribute this to no set difficulty in multiplayer, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Now, on to driving the wraith! Fun!

Making the Wraith Drivable

Open the map from your maps folder with Eschaton. Scroll to the vehi tag, expand it, and select the wraith. Press command+e to open the meta editor. Select Seat in the first box of the meta editor and select String32s in the second. Select seat name in the fourth, and replace wraith-driver in the textbox with scorpion-driver. Deselect String32s and then select it and seat name again to make sure that all the text took. If it did, close the meta editor, quit Eschaton, and open Halo. It should work and the Wraiths should be drivable! I'm not sure about respawning with itmc because when I tried that the Wraith was already levitating, and kept shooting after I got out. It did, however, take longer to blow up.

I hope this worked for you, and that it was relatively easy.

If you have any problems/feedback, AIM me at macuser117, PM me, or email me at macuser117@comcast.net. (In order of convenience)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/macsoftware/
¥º§H¶1Ø
n00b

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-25

[PRO] Drivable Wraith Empty
PostSubject: Thnx   [PRO] Drivable Wraith Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Hey dude thnx a lot 4 this tut ive always known how 2 inject meta but i could never find a tut that tells me how 2 make it driveable.
Back to top Go down

[PRO] Drivable Wraith
Page 1 of 1